Praise FM celebrates 27 years of ministry over the airwaves in 2012. This Midwest US radio network consists of two studios, four signals and four translators across parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota.
95.3 Praise FM in the Twin Cities is our newest addition (4 years old) to this expanding ministry. The financial information below relates specifically to 95.3 Praise FM.
2011 Giving To Date
2011 Expenses: $552,326
2011 Income: $433,981
Please help us bridge the gap between our year end need of $118,345, and start 2012 strong towards our annual budget this year. Currently about 1 in 60 Twin Cities listeners donate. If 2 in 60 Twin Cities listeners would donate, we would be fully funded! If you would enjoy supporting us in this way, more information is below.
What's Your Day? Team 360
What if you had one day to tell everyone your story - of God’s kindness, faithfulness and grace?
When you join Team 360 and help support the ministry of 95.3 Praise FM for just a dollar a day, you’ll have the opportunity to pick your day and tell everyone your story.
As a Team 360 member, not only will you have the chance to tell your story, you’ll become part of the foundation of all God is doing through the ministry of Praise FM. You’re helping to make sure that you, your family, and friends throughout the Twin Cities region continue to have daily encouragement for a life of worship for years to come.
As we press on toward our goal in 2012 to be fully funded, we’re looking for one new Team 360 member each day in 2012. Call us at 612-343-3500 or click here to give online.
How Does Your Money Help?
95.3 Praise FM is a listener-supported ministry. We rely on your gifts and donations to help us continue our mission of providing daily encouragement for your lifestyle of worship. Since it is God working through your generosity that enables us to stay on the air, we believe that it is important to be transparent in the area of our finances so that as you partner with us, you know exactly where your money is going and how it is being used.
Operating a radio station involves so much more than simply playing music and talking into a microphone. Just like you and your family, we have expenses related to utilities and facilities as well as the added responsibility of investing in personnel, promotions, and events.
- Payroll Expenses: $221,520
- 95.3 Praise FM employs three full time and six part time staff members to take care of daily on-air responsibilities, programming, marketing and promotions, event planning, donor relations, and general station management. As you can imagine, running a 24/7 on-air ministry requires the assistance of a capable staff. At this stage, we feel the burden of being understaffed, but work faithfully towards the day when resources are greater to increase these positions.
- Facilities and Signal: $215,806
- 95.3 Praise FM is blessed to be able to lease our facilities and our broadcast signal from North Central University. This piece of our budget provides for the monthly rent of our offices and studio space as well as the actual 95.3 FM broadcast signal and its transmission facility. This also includes utilities like water, heat, and electricity for our offices and studios, as well as the power required to operate our broadcast transmitter all day every day.
- Operational Expenses: $47,100
- Operational expenses for 95.3 Praise FM include licensing fees, website and audio stream, postage/mailing fees, accounting and legal fees, contracted services as well as ongoing equipment needs, such as office supplies, computers, and the upkeep of our studio equipment.
- Promotions: $25,000
- This portion of the budget provides for Praise FM to increase awareness of our ministry, whether through bus benches, car window clings, promotional cards, online advertising and more.
- Fundraising: $22,900
- 95.3 Praise FM sets aside a portion of our annual budget to allow for the costs of raising additional funds. This includes things like overhead costs for annual Sharathon events, fundraising dinners, and mailing expenses.
- Events/Concerts: $20,000
- 95.3 Praise FM is excited to be able to partner with local and national ministries throughout the year to sponsor events such as the Awaken worship events, The Christian Community Fair, Desiring God National Conference as well as other concerts and worship events that bring our community together and help share the love of Jesus.
Startup Debt for 95.3 Praise FM
As we make our way through 2012, we are celebrating our 4th year as a ministry in the Twin Cities. Like many young organizations, we had to take on some initial debt in order to launch this ministry. These funds helped us commence our daily operations until support from donors like you reached the point where we could be financially solvent. We have made great strides in paying back these startup loans, thanks to the generous support of donors like you, but we still need to pay back $427,000.
Our goal for 2012 is to be fully funded and debt-free. If you would like to help us achieve this goal, please call us at 612-343-3500 or click here to give online.